Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hot chocolate snafu

I'm too lazy to come up with anything better than this synopsis of the morning's adventure (including the hot chocolate/horchata incident).

Though I don't remember trying to eat the baby in the Maclaren. How can hipsters afford to have babies? and afford Maclarens? Maclaren by Starck, Kate Spade, Burberry...why am I writing about baby carriages!

Anwyay I did end up at the CultureFest 2006 in Battery Park that afternoon - "A free outdoor festival spotlighting museums, gardens, zoos, historic sites, performing and visual arts from all five boroughs." Picked up a bagful of brochures and other freebies and even ran into one of my fellow origamists at the AMNH booth. Future good times await.

(Edited to add the following)

I won the raffle for tickets at the Young Concert Artists booth, by correctly identifying a 1975 photo of Emanuel Ax!

No comments: