Thursday, October 12, 2006

Vanessa, Atoosa, & Manny

I had $10 tickets to Carnegie Hall tonight.

Stopped in at Burger Joint while I waited for vipnyc. I ordered my burgers and fries and waited off to the side. One of the burger dudes exclaimed, "I am done with black women." He looked at me and said, "You can have 'em. I like your kind." I said something non-commital about how I love the ladies, in all their pulchritude. This goes on for a bit until I finally get my order and grab a coveted booth. Joined a few minutes later by Vanessa, a lawyer from West London. She'd just tried to cram into the booth next to me, but Atoosa was holding her booth for three people and could not accommodate her. I doubt the EIC of Seventeen magazine is used to sharing. Vipnyc got there soon enough and we were soon off for Carnegie Hall.

Manny Ax was playing some Mozart tonight along with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra. Of course our seats were second row center again. :)

Manny was alright.

Some lovely pics and fine details from that night.

No comments: