Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mina's Birthday

Woke up early and watched my DVR recording of 2046.

MC was a having a birthday party in her 'hood. We would have been there right on time, but I was hungry and we stopped off at a pizza place nearby, Vinnie's. I ordered my slices of sausage and pepper pizza and a lemon icee for my friend. Well I'm no good at writing stories, good in the telling maybe, but not in the writing, so I'll leave that to others. Suffice it to say that it was not in fact sausage pizza, but vegan sausage pizza.

We ambled over to Soft Spot and joined the rest of the party. The birthday girl seemed surprised I showed up so late (for me that is, we arrived 30 minutes into the party). High points of the party included meeting an erstwhile Sunnysider and a woman that bore a striking resemblance to Phoebe Cates's character's friend in Private School...for Girls.

Actually, I think the high point of the night was catching the L train just as it was about to leave the Bedford subway station! That must have saved us at least 30 minutes of travel time. Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me, the lemon ice was pretty good, too. I've got to get out to Corona this summer.