Thursday, August 10, 2006

Half Birthday

Hit Café El Portal for some “home made Mexican” after work with some friends before the HALF-birthday festivities at Pioneer Bar. I ordered the chiles rellenos and also ate HALF (there's a theme here) the food of two of my fellow diners. We started dinner a little late so we got to Pioneer Bar a HALF hour late, except there was no Pioneer Bar. It's scheduled to be replaced by R Bar in September. Two of the party posse were already there waiting. Got a call from AB and she told me she was in Nolita House. I thought to myself that she probably went to Botanica and didn't realize that Nolita House is actually the restaurant that sits above. So our 6-man gang rolled up to Mulberry & Houston. No one was in Nolita House, yeah, they must be downstairs. I tried to contact all the other invitees before heading down. In the end we got about 20+ into the back room at Botanica, about HALF the number I was expecting out on a Tuesday night. This is for all those out there that hate my use of initials: Romy, Liz, Vanessa, Weikai, David, Ash, Libby, Jeremy, Megan, Michael, Rault, Lise, Sarah, Jesse, Jane, Joon, James, Matt, Alice, Gianny, Sang. I had my fair share of Gay & Peachy drinks. It was a start to a good night, but we had to get back uptown to drop off the weekly CSA haul before I got on line at the Public Theatre for Mother Courage tickets.

1 comment:

Carlos said...

Sang is a jewel-he approaches you not as expert but as facilitator. Cheers to the big man!