Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mama & Amy

It was a lost Sunday. Recovering from the all-nighter during the weekend. I still can't sleep.

Went to Empanada Mama on Monday. Had beef, chicken, & cuban; all were tasty. Split an Elvis, Peter Meehan says the Elvis is, "a deep-fried belly bomb made with peanut butter and mashed banana that is troublingly tasty for something that is such an obvious threat to one's physical well-being." Wandered down to Amy's Bread so I could smash a red velvet cupcake into my face. Headed down to the Deuce and lingered there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, some tasty (if not so healthy) culinary choices there. Love the red velvet at Amy's -- I ordered one up for Jennifer's bridal shower, and it was a hit. Been wanting to check out the ones at Cake Man Raven (708 Fulton Street, Brooklyn) and Make My Cake (103 W. 110th Street)... but those are both a bit of a trek.