Friday, February 16, 2007

Don't Stop Believing

Met up with a few friends to celebrate the passing of another year. I'd recently received some very bad news about my health, so I was eager for a distraction. We started at Stone Creek for some drinks (we won a VIP happy hour!) I wasn't expecting it, but I scored some awesome presents from everyone to deal with the aforementioned troubles -- guess they all want me to stick around for a while.

I'd like to keep learning things as I get older, you know, keep the noodle in good shape. And the one thing I learned that night - I'm the only drunk dialer in the bunch. No one else does it. I've never pulled a Pat O'Brien (these clips are insane by the way), but I was still surprised at being the only one out of the group. Since there was no one left for me to drunk dial (all likely recipients of said calls being present) we bundled up to make the Journey over to Bamiyan for dinner. I'd been there a few months ago and was eager to try more of their menu. It might have also been a way for me to finally close a chapter from my past life.

We got there right in the middle of the dinner rush so they stuck us in the empty back room, which definitely was a good thing. I tried to stick to my newly vegan diet, and it was a success for the most part. Our relative lack of neighbors allowed us to be a loud and happy party for most of the night; our conversation even ranged to topics that get books banned. Unfortunately the night had to end (too soon, mostly due to the crazed construction schedule on the 7 train!), so we said our farewells and made plans to meet again soon. Next year will definitely involve some karaoke action...

On the way home

1 comment:

qsoz said...

Thanks for the apron guys!