Sunday, February 11, 2007

French Toast & Duck Soup

I get way too many mailing list emails, especially from arts/cultural spaces; one of them is from Symphony Space. A few weeks ago I noticed that SS would be screening Duck Soup, one of my friend's favorite movies. I'd never seen Duck Soup, so it seemed like the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon or so I thought. There was a bit of a snafu in the online order and my receipt said the show would start at 1:30PM. I told V about an afternoon surprise waiting for her on the 11th and told her to wear something sporty (to throw her off the trail). I found out a few days before that the movie wouldn't start until 5:45PM on Sunday, but since I'd already told her to block out the entire afternoon and early evening I tried to keep the surprise intact and invited her over for brunch. It would be an opportunity to make use of my new 2-burner grill pan (which I got for Christmas, thanks V!).

V arrived and I started making brunch. It was a success and we caught up on some TV viewing while we chowed down. Of course, before V came over I stupidly told my brother the details of the surprise. And right when we were leaving he asked if our destination was on the east or west side. The jig was up. This was the only other clue our intrepid investigator needed to figure out we were going to go see a Marx Brothers film at the SS. Next time I'm not telling anybody anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely surprise. :)