Saturday, July 08, 2006

CC's last day (again), Origami (again) & Mets (again again) - July 7

It's getting harder to remember things from last week.

It was CC's last day, so there was yet another farewell lunch gathering at Loreley. But I had to be at the origami class right before things got under way. It's been a few weeks since I've taught class and actually had students. CC's uncle, German, came by and I showed him the latest modular I learned at the convention (Not the WXYZ [4 intersecting equilateral triangles on 4 different planes], but the stellated icosahedron action model that the Italian dudes were teaching to everybody). German had not been to class in months, so it was good to see him. I showed him how to start the 30 unit construction, and I was off to meet everyone at Loreley (which they always spell wrong in their emails).

Gunter was there (instead of Miri) and he kept us plied with food and drink. I'm always happy to be there. I love the Hefeweizen they have on tap. More pictures...I'm trying to document more...there was another huge gap these past few years.

Mets v Marlins game that night. It was going to be bro, JL, JL, RV & me. JL had six-pack seats with bro, so I was with the other JL & RV. There was some logistical confusion on the way to the Shea, but we all got to our seats in time for the 1st inning. I should note that Jose Lima was pitching on Friday. Yes, it was going to be Lima-time. Too bad Lima-time only lasted until the top of the 3rd when he gave up that grand slam to Dontrelle Willis, the starting pitcher for Florida. I'm just glad I was in the restroom at the time and didn't see it. The game was a lost cause by then, but I tried to keep my mates informed with whatever baseball knowledge/trivia I have stuck in my head. The seemingly massive swap of players between the Mets and Marlins rosters (LoDuca, Delgado, Jacobs to name a few) provided plenty of fodder, I hope. The Mets lost 7-3, but I had a hot dog and 2 beers, so it was a good night out at Shea. :)

1 comment:

Carlos said...

I see you miss DH but not CC... I see.