Thursday, July 06, 2006

Farewell CC - July 5

Just finished cleaning up.

So last Thursday, CC asks me if he can host a farewell/fundraising party at my place and that it has to take place before he leaves for Peru on Sunday, the 9th.

Of course I said yes.

It was somehow decided that I would be making ceviche.
Now, I've never made ceviche, I've never even tasted ceviche. So yeah, completely lost. No idea what I'm doing. I finally find a recipe that only requires a 30 minute soak in the acid bath (aka citrus juice/diced pepper mix) before serving.

Recipe in hand I went into the city to pick up the ingredients.
Went to Parisi Bakery to pick up my favorite breads (prosciutto ring!). Back up to Whole Foods for some sea scallops and the rest. Didn't get back home until well into the 1st half of the France v Portugal semi-final (Zidane had already netted his PK by then). Plopped down and watched the rest of the semi-final (Saha is an idiot for getting his 2nd yellow card after he was subbed in with less than 5 minutes to go).

Okay, so after the game I realize that I'm missing a juicer tool, which is vital for all the lemons, limes, oranges... I can't find anything in the stores nearby, so I pop over to Mom's and borrow her juicer. (One of the few times I'm glad the folks live so close)

Now I'm all ready to go. Start the ceviche! Doorbell rings. It's J (the erhu musician/songstress). She's early. We start talking about push-ups in Peoria, but she doesn't remember the ABC Saturday morning cartoon I'm referencing. Anyway EH (the gf) and V (the exotic foreign interloper from Buenos Aires) arrive a few minutes later, followed by bro. He's crashing out from his long day. I set the three ladies to work while I play the role of master chef. They all did a really great job. I barely lifted a finger the rest of the way. KR (2nd baseman/hostess) , CC (guest of honor) , JG (physicist/non-stop talker), JL (happiest man in the world), AC (likes cheese), CB (does not like cheese), CJ (violist) , P (soccer midfielder) , L (Sunnyside represent!), & G (John, John, put your boots on) all filtered in over the next few hours.

The food worked out well and we finally managed to decrease our stockpile of liquor and beer. Not enough photos tonight, but I'll be carrying around the camera all the time now. Also taught the kids how to play Spanish Bullshit, after EH's horrow show of an attempt to teach Chinese Poker.

=====

Oh man, I'm so behind. Origami convention, poker, Superman, Devil Wears Prada, Brooklyn Bridge, Bubba Gump, MoMA and July 4th! I'll try to catch up before the World Cup final on Sunday. I swear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

KompasQQ Memberikan promo - promo terbaiknya.
• Bonus Refrensi sebesar 10% + 10% = ( Total 20% untuk seumur hidup )
• Bonus CashBACK sebesar 0.5% ( Setiap minggunya )

KOMPASQQ menyediakan 6 Game Terupdate dalam 1 Web, dapat di mainkan 1 Account.
( Player VS Player | Fair.!!! | 1000% No ROBOT )
KompasQQ menyediakan GAME TERPOPULER Saat ini :
> #TEMBAKIKAN ( Fish Hunter )
> #SABUNGAYAM ( Cock Fight )
Kami menyediakan 5 BANK lokal untuk mempermudah transaksi.
BCA ----- BNI ----- BRI ----- MANDIRI ----- DANAMON
Minimal deposit & withdraw HANYA @Rp 15.000,- SAJA.
Proses dana Cepat dan Terpercaya hanya 1 - 3 menit saja dana pasti akan siap di proses.