Friday, July 21, 2006

Hermit - July 20

I was planning on going home early and sleeping after the previous night of debauchery, so I canceled my volunteer sessions and softball game, but got a reminder just before I got off work that we had to go out for JL's (delayed) birthday celebration. This is similar to the delayed birthday celebration of the other JL (at Red Bamboo). Well not all that similar, I just spent so much time traveling on both those nights. PF & TS were already at the spot, JK arrived shortly thereafter. I'd been wandering around K-town for a good 30 minutes before I saw them. JL showed up with Isabelle, my favorite Québécoise. She punched me in the arm and asked me if I was still a "player". I was kind of dumbfounded by the question since I'd only met her that one time at the potluck JL hosted last summer. I can't remember the last time I was anybody's loverboy. The soju was flowing freely throughout dinner, but we still ended up at O'Reilly's afterwards. I really needed to get out of there. Somehow managed to get home a few hours later.

No comments: