Friday, June 30, 2006

LT & Superman - June 29

LT ended up having her going away party a day earlier than I expected. I'd already made plans to see Superman Returns with bro at 7:30, so I had to squeeze in as much fun as possible in the 45 minutes I had with LT and her crew at Botanica. Some girl (Erin?) was at the bar talking to LT when I walked into the former Knitting Factory. Erin was nervous about her first (brazilian?) waxing appointment later that night. Joined LT in the back and met all her co-workers. Amelia (soft face), Fatima (square rims), Gabrielle (curly hair) & Beth (nice legs) were already in place. Regan (pretty), Jenny (aged), Sarah (red top) & Sara (black top) didn't show up till later. I no doubt scared the hell out of them with my powers of recall and over-the-top conversation points. LT was loving it. Fried chicken everywhere.

I got out in time to meet bro for the movie. It was quite nostalgic. All the old school John Williams music from the 70s Superman. Can anyone still be truly and purely heroic? Or are we in the Marvel universe? I'm just sitting and waiting here.

No comments: