Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Origami USA Convention - June 23-26

This was in the middle of the World Cup vacation.

I woke up early on Friday the 23rd, to help unload some trucks for the convention. I got to the loading dock at FIT and met Jane (from Fargo, ND) there. We were the only ones there. We chatted for a bit (chaplain in a hospice, art therapy work, etc. and it was Jane's 1st convention) and eventually found the rest of the early morning volunteers. Made a few other friends during the move and invited them to MC's party later that night. Rushed home after the manual labor to watch Korea lose in horrific fashion to the Swiss. Depressed I went back to FIT to see if any of my new friends wanted to go out to Williamsburg.

I get a sick feeling in my stomach whenever I board the L train. It feels like some campus quad exploded when everyone spills out at Bedford. Ugh. MC had a full house that night. Didn't actually eat all that much, but had a lot of fun. Taught everyone the Telephone-Pictionary game I learned from Sarah. Some Boggle and charades in the mix before I finally got home around 4am.

That was a bad way to start the convention. Was so tired for most of it. Signed up for classes by Gael, Yami, & Robert Lang. Learned a bunch of new folds at the communal tables between classes. I'm always so happy at convention.

No comments: