Sunday, June 18, 2006

World Cup party

That might have been the worst referee on the planet presiding over the USA v Italy match. 3 red cards?!

Anyway, today was a very long day.
A couple of my brother's friends came over @ 9am for Portugal v Iran. More ppl came throughout the day until we had about 15 ppl in house for the 3pm start of USA/Italy.

List of J's in attendance.
Jon
Jane
James
Joon
Jesse
Janelle
Jason

Of course we have way too much beer and food left over.

Stupid thing I did today #1
I was prepping some jalapeno peppers to go with the bratwurst, bockwurst, etc. and I rubbed my forehead and upper lip without getting all the capsaicin (sp?) off my hands first. So I felt a burning sensation on my face for most of the 1st half of USA/Italy.

Stupid thing I did today #2
Not having learned my lesson, I apparently did a half-assed job of washing my hands after the first pepper incident and I go to the bathroom during the halftime break. Yep, same burning sensation, different body part. I was in agony for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half.

Right, so after successfully burning both my face and my groin, I manage to get through the rest of the soccer gathering and marshal our forces over to CB's housewarming party near CPW. Tried to contact a few UWSiders, but no one seemed willing to come out and play. The place was packed with finance kids (in their early 20s) and their friends and I was just there for poker, which wasn't happening until the place cleared out, so my bro, James and I went to the 84th ST Loews and saw CARS. The movie was cute, but I liked the short (One Man Band) more than the feature (prolly because of the Sarasate).

Back to CB's again and we started a tournament game, but then restarted and played a cash game once we got two of the roommates to play. I lost a little more than $200 (bro came out +$500, so he paid for the cab home), but had a lot of fun playing again. I just hope my losing streak ends at some point.

Tomorrow - Korea v France.
And I'll give updates on my previous World Cup viewing adventures.

No comments: