Sunday, March 11, 2007

Builders, Slashers, & Bashers

I was pretty excited about today. It was going to be my first Meetup event and my 2nd visit to the Museum of the City of New York. (Bonus: reunion with MC.) Got up to the MCNY a little early and chatted with the organizer of the group, a librarian! Is it weird to be attracted to librarians? Anyway, I was eager to take to a look at Timescapes: A Multimedia Portrait of New York. It's a fantastic 25-minute history of New York. I mean what kind of nut wants to sit through a 14.5 hour documentary? :)

Of course there was also the main draw for the museum, Robert Moses and the Modern City: Remaking the Metropolis. I still need to check out the other two Robert Moses exhibits in the city right now.

Realizing that MC and I were both hungry we walked down Fifth Avenue and stopped for a bite and the old high school spot 3 Guys. Full bellies led to a desire to see 300. I remember how excited I was when I first saw the teaser trailer over a year ago. The use of NIN's Just Like You Imagined in the teaser was so freaking brilliant. I was actually hoping for an all NIN soundtrack, but was disappointed just like when I saw Se7en.

Oh yeah, also did my first of many fantasy baseball drafts of the year. Play ball!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this talk of movie trailer soundtracks just reminded me to add The History Boys to my Netflix queue (DVD release 4/17/07).

qsoz said...

I still want to see that too.