Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rai Rai Ken & Gama

My parents got married on this date many, many years ago and the family (me, bro and the folks) were supposed to go out to dinner. My mom's such a good cook we would rarely eat out when I was growing up. Of course we were also technically below the poverty line most of that time. I never felt poor as a kid -- actually no, I knew we didn't have any money, but we never went without food or heat or any of the other things that happen to poor families when they get squeezed for money. Anyway, it was supposed to be the anniversary dinner, but the folks were feeling a little tired, a little sick, so they called to postpone the celebration till Friday.

That didn't leave me much of a chance to rearrange my social calendar. Luckily, I soon got an email from JYC informing her friends that a change to her regular bartending schedule would shift her Wednesday gig to Tuesday that week. I wasn't sure what time she'd be starting at Gama, so I headed over to Rai Rai Ken first for a quick bite, and another stamp on my frequent ramen card. I'm always up for noodles!

No comments: