Sunday, March 18, 2007

An early Rite of Spring

No green drinks for me this weekend. Instead I was looking forward to a concert at Carnegie Hall, thanks to my cousin. The Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France was scheduled to play some Ravel and Stravinsky this afternoon. I remember hearing the Rite of Spring for the first time in 7th grade music (led by Sousaphone playing Mr. Johns) and was a bit freaked out by the seemingly random downbeats of the strings. Turns out I wasn't the first to have an emotional reaction at their first experience of the work.

On to Kefi for a post concert meal. I'd been wanting to go there for a while, and another success! It was all very tasty and I managed to (mostly) stay vegan for another day. Some wonderful pics and other enjoyable tidbits of the day.

No comments: