Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sheng Wang & The New World

Another trip to the doctor, another lunch in Chinatown. Sheng Wang on Eldridge was the spot today. Pulled noodles again, I know, but I like how they taste.

I must be really sad, because I find myself becoming nostalgic again.

Finally watched The New World by Terrence Malick. The movie starts with the Prelude to Das Rheingold playing, its single bass note symbolizing the beginning of Creation. I really loved the score, but James Horner's work was apparently butchered by the director. This wouldn't be the first time Malick did something like that. I probably enjoyed the movie much more than most others since I was watching it in the middle of the night. If nothing else it rekindled a desire to see the entire Der Ring des Nibelungen.

No comments: